Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship
1.Number of Fellowships:
October 2021 enrollment: 6 students.
2. Application Period:
November 2nd, 2020 – January 8th, 2021 without fail.
3. Required Documents:
(1) A completed Application for Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship (Form 1).
Before submitting the application, please make sure to contact your prospective supervisor directly and consult with them concerning the topic and plan of your research.
(2) Consent letter written by your prospective supervisor (no set form).
(3) Official Transcripts
For a doctoral degree, both undergraduate and graduate transcripts must be submitted.
(4) A letter of recommendation from a supervisor at your university (no set form).
(5) Official candidacy announcement from your university’s president to the President of Hokkaido University (no set form).
4. How to Apply:
(1) Applicants must submit the above documents to their university.
(2) Each affiliated University must select ONE candidate, and send the required documents to Hokkaido University within the application period.
* Applications sent directly from the applicant will not be accepted.
* Please note that submitted documents will not be returned.
* In case of any change on the applicant’s status, please be sure to inform us through the affiliated University as soon as possible.
5.Address for Applications:
Kita 17 Nishi8, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 060-0817, Japan
Academic Affairs Department
Student Support Division
Attn: NAGAI Kana (Ms.)