Khasanov Ulug'bek Atabayevich
Department: Department of International Relations
Position: Head of Department
Education and employment:
Ulugbeck A.Khasanov was born in Tashkent in 1965. Between 1984-1986 he had served in Armed Forces. In 1986 he was admitted to Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), International journalism faculty. His pre-graduate practice was held in TASS (Russian Information Agency). After graduation from the University in 1991, he applied to Political Science of Postgraduate school of MGIMO.
In 1996 he was appointed as a Senior Expert to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
During 1998-2000 Ulugbeck A.Khasanov delivered lectures at the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In 2000 he was appointed as a Leading Consultant to the Press-service of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In March 2003 he defended dissertation to obtain a PhD degree in Political Science at the Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO) of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Supervisor of his PhD dissertation was Professor, Dr.E.Pozdnyakov, and his official opponent was Dr. D.M.Feldman.
From April 2009 to March 2011 Ulugbeck A.Khasanov served as Press Secretary (State Advisor) to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Since 1998 he conducts lectures at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy.
He is fluent in Russian, English and Arabic languages. Since 2000 he is a member of International Press Institute, Vienna, Austria.
Ulugbeck A.Khasanov has 50 plus publications, monograph and textbooks.
Research interests cover: theory of international relations, its general trends, attributes, behavior classification, driving forces, analysis of the determining dimensions of regional and international security system.
Teaching courses: Theory of international relations, Republic of Uzbekistan in International Systems, Geopolitics.
- Roots & Potential Future of Ukrainian Crisis (The Future Center for Advanced Researches and Studies Publications 9th Edition, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2015)
- Central Asian Security System: Challenges & Threats (The Future Center for Advanced Researches and Studies Publications 7th Edition, Abu Dhabi, UAE 2015)
- Sense of Cohesion (Religion, Security & Citizenship Conference Report, Wee Kim Wee Center at Singapore Management University, Singapore - February 22-26, 2015)
- Past & Future of Cross Border Security in Central Asia (NATO–UWED Expert Level Conference Report, October, 2014)
- Intricate Specifics of Regional Water Security in Central Asia (Center for Rural & Industrial Development, Chandigarh – India, January/2014)
- Eurasia’s Cross-Border Threats (Carnegie Endowment Review, USA, October 18, 2013)