Department of Magistracy
Graduate Studies Department was established in accordance with the law "Regulations on the graduate department of the higher educational institution" of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 18, 2008,. The activity of the graduate department has been carried out on the basis of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan and such documents as, “Law on Education", "National Training Program ", decrees, decisions, orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the laws, resolutions and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers, resolutions and orders of the lower and upper chambers of the Oliy Majlis and the Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education as well as “The Regulations on Master’s Programm" approved by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers№ 36, dated March 2, 2015.
The coordination of the activities of a university graduate training is carried out by the department.
The University of World Economy and Diplomacy provides specialists in the following areas of Master’s Program: 5A120701 "International relations and foreign policy," 5A240105 "International law (public international law)," 5A240106 "Diplomatic and Consular Law," 5A231101 "World Economy (region) and 5A231102 "Foreign Economic Activities” (Investment activities). At present, 78 graduate students of the first and second years are studying.
The Master's specialties were approved by the State Educational Standard of the the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education. Graduate students study on the basis of the given standards. There are two main components of preparing graduate students in the provision of higher education "On Master’s Program" identified. They are as follows: theoretical education and scientific research activities organization. There is also a given set of requirements related to content, quality and the preparation of a master’s thesis. Graduate students are doing the following special courses:
- 5A120701 - "International Relations and Foreign Policy": "The interests of Uzbekistan in the International Systems", "Economic and Energy Diplomacy", "Regional actors of modern international relations", " Political Problems of Global Development and International Systems";
- 5A240105 - "International law (Public International law)": “International Treaties Law”, “International Security Law"L "International Organizations Law", "International Human Rights Law" and "Actual Problems of International Law";
- 5A240106 - "Diplomatic and Consular Law": "Diplomatic Law," "Consular Law", "Economic Diplomacy and Security", "Actual Problems of International Law", "International Treatiess Law";
- 5A231101 - "World Economy (regional)": "World Economy of regions", "Innovative Economy", "Free Economic Zones", "Economic Diplomacy and Security" and "Global economy";
- 5A231102 - "Foreign Economic Activity (investment activity)": “Innovative Economy" ,"Investment Risks"," Foreign Investment ","Foreign Economic Activity accounting, analysis and audit " and "International trade”.
Professors, doctors of sciences, associate professors, candidates of sciences have been involved as a teaching staff in Master’s Program. There are also leading scientists and specialists of scientific research institutes of the Academy of Sciences, branch scientific-research specialists and design specialists who conduct the teaching activity.
Master’s Program of the university is much focused on the process of preparing of the master's thesis. An approximate list of master's theses is formed throughout the academic year by leading professors-teachers of the departments (taking into account the issues of organizations awaiting their decision) and on the basis of the requirements of the customers for specialists. In particular, they cooperate with such organizations as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Trade, the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Institute for Strategic and Regional Studies under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Institute for Monitoring Current Legislation under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, The Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil society, the Institute of Forecasting and Macroeconomic Nesearch under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, The National Center for Human Rights of the Republic of Uzbekistan and Analytical Research Center for Foreign Policy.